Our Frequently Asked Childcare Questions
We have collated a list of the questions we are most commonly asked by guests. Answers apply to our inclusive in-chalet childcare only. For information relating to indivdual hotels please contact us.
If your ski childcare query isn't covered here please don't hesitate to call us on 0845 64 437 64 or email today
- How much is Ski Famille childcare?
- There is no additional charge, childcare is included in your holiday cost. Children's lunches are optional and can be prebooked at a total cost of £24 per child and £16 per infant (under 2) for 5 days.
- What age limits apply to childcare?
- We accept children from a just few months up to 12 years old.
- When does childcare take place?
- Chalet childcare is offered five days a week between the hours of 08.30 and 16.30 in Les Gets. Our Les Menuires and La Plagne childcare runs from 09.00 to 17.00. The two days off are Saturday and Wednesday.
- Where does childcare take place?
- Carers come to your chalet and use this as their base when looking after your children. This helps create a relaxed "home from home" environment for children of all ages.
- What is the childcare ratio?
- We follow OFSTED recommendations for day care and the ratio across the resort as a whole typically averages one carer to every four children.
- Is ski school included?
- Instruction is not included in our childcare, however, we will take children to and from any lessons you have booked. We are able to offer pre-booking of lessons in Les Gets, La Plagne and Les Menuires. For full details of Ski Schools please see the Ski School Information page.
- What age can my child start ski school?
- Generally the ski schools will take children from four years and above. We have a great free guide to getting your children on the slopes, you can download it here.
- Will a child seat be provided during the transfers?
- Transfers are provided by an external company who usually supply a coach. It is not possible or safe to fit child seats to this type of vehicle. Parents should be aware that French law does not require coaches to provide safety belts. Occasionally a smaller vehicle may be used for your transfer and we will fit a child seat wherever it is safe to do so. It is not normally possible for us to confirm the type of vehicle being used for your transfer until a few days before your holiday is due to begin. Private transfers can be booked if you would like to ensure the provision of a vehicle with child seats (only available for eight passengers or fewer - including children and infants).
- What if my child has an allergy?
- We will be able to cater for children with allergies, however clients should inform the UK office before travelling.