Join our Ski Famille and Ski Vertigo!
At Ski Famille and more recently with our new brand, Ski Vertigo, we have 33 years’ experience of providing the best ski holidays for our guests. Which means, we have 33 years of experience employing and offering a fantastic opportunity to lots of charismatic, hard working and skilled seasonnaires who deliver incredible holidays year after year….and so many of our team return year after year!
We are one of the few tour operators that actively encourages British passport holders to apply as well as other nationalities. Yes, it’s more complicated these days to get a working visa, but our experienced team will guide you through the process.
So are we for you?
So you’ve looked through our website and at our Instagram page or perhaps you’ve had a recommendation from a past employee and decided that we are the company you want to tick ‘be a seasonaire’ off your bucket list with. Great!
There are so many companies offering employment over the winter, it is important to pick the company best suited to you.
We carefully select our teams to ensure their expectations and our expectations align in order to create happy guests and happy employees. If you’re ready to work hard, make friends for life and experience a challenging but rewarding winter season that will gear you up for future opportunities and enhance your CV, have a look at our available roles below.
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains.
- A highly competitive salary
- Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced price Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- The chance to kick-start your career in hospitality and travel
- Make friends for life
- A fantastic life experience
If you are hardworking, committed to the high standards we offer our guests and looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you.
* The loss of freedom of movement because of Brexit means that most British citizens no longer have the automatic right to work in France. But we still employ British passport holders. That said, we have adapted and expanded our opportunities for other nationalities too and we look to employ the following:
- Returning seasonaires with a Carte de Séjour or Carte pluri-annuelle
- EU nationals from any of the EU 27 member states
- Dual nationality British/EU citizens
- Other nationalities with the right to work in France
- Those with a Youth Mobility Visa for France e.g. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil
- British citizens with French residency and the right to work
- British citizens (we, as the employer will apply for a work permit and visa for you)
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Chalet Hosts only
Please create and submit a video with your CV which tells us:
- About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
- About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
For all other roles
If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your CV and a covering letter, stating which role you wish to apply for and why, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our assessment days:
- Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
- For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Childcare Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Head Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Chalet Host - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Assistant - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Administrator - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Night Porter - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be a key part of our exciting new Chalet Hotel team, reporting directly to our Hotel Managers. Our night porters play an important role in our chalet hotel, ensuring its security at night as well as cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast for the following morning for our guests.
Bartender - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
As a bartender in our new Chalet Hotel, you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day. Your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment.
Hotel Housekeeper - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our housekeepers take pride in creating a clean, inviting environment for our hotel guests. This role offers you an opportunity to work hard as part of a team and enjoy leisure time in the afternoons & evenings. If you would prefer not to be as client-facing as some of our other roles, this would be the role for you!
Assistant Hotel Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, you will play a key part in developing and monitoring all elements of the delivery of our new Chalet Hotel product, developing our staff and maximising profits whilst controlling all costs. The role of the Assistant Chalet Hotel Manager is very varied. You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the hotel from guest welfare to stock control and maintenance of the hotel, plus managing and motivating your team.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced manager with high levels of service and commitment. Using a proactive approach, you will aim to achieve all financial goals set by the company whilst delivering the best customer service.
Maintenance Technician - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our property maintenance technician keeps our Chalet Hotel, located in Les Bruyères quarter of Les Menuires, running to the highest possible standard. He / she ensures that any issues that have been reported by other staff and directly from guests are sorted quickly and efficiently.