Our Chalet Chefs are key to delivering delicious, high quality meals to all our guests, from our youngest to oldest! We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to exceed all guests culinary expectations. Ski Famille guests look forward to returning from a day on the slopes to a well presented homemade meal in a beautiful chalet; your skills, ability and attention to detail can make their holiday.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident chef to demonstrate their experience and love of food to a wise age range of customers. You will be well presented, highly organised and comfortable working under your own initiative to manage a kitchen and ensure meals are cooked to a high standard. You will work with Resort Managers to source and order your supplies, being mindful to budgets and cost control at all times.
Our family chalets sleep between 12 and 30 guests and most kitchens are open plan, allowing you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests.
Chalet Chef Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Cook and present all meals, (including children’s meals) afternoon cakes and canapes to a consistently high standard, understanding the age differences and culinary variations within our portfolio of guests and adapting to deal with dietary requirements when necessary
- Organise weekly orders and deliveries and carefully manage stock and costs
- Maintain a high standard of kitchen hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Assist the Chalet Hosts with cleaning, general chalet presentation and weekly chalet deep cleans
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and are always actively seeking out opportunities to make the holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality and catering
- A working knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Great self-motivation and well developed organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances and to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult and child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable and would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (mid-November until end April)
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS checks as well as taking up at least two references
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Create a 2 minute video which tells us:
-About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
-About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name and the role that you are applying for.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000’s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our
-Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
-For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the nationwide interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager
Resort Childcare Supervisor
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor
Resort Head Chef
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Flexi Host
A flexible role combining elements of hosting and occasionally working as the chef. You must be flexible to work in and around the chalet and resort.