As a Chalet Host you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day; your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment. All our properties have a chef who is overall responsible for the food delivery, however, you will be expected to play a key part in assisting them. If you are a budding cook, but not yet able to take full responsibility of a kitchen this role provides the ideal opportunity to develop your cooking skills.
We are looking for well presented, dedicated individuals with experience in hospitality (ideally food preparation) and customer service. You will have a well-developed eye for detail and enjoy interacting with your guests. Formal qualifications or previous experience working overseas are not required; energy, enthusiasm and the ability to learn and work as part of a team are essential.
Chalet Host Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Create a ‘restaurant feel’ in your chalet & professionally serve meals, canapes and drinks to your guests
- Assist the Chalet Chef with preparation of meals and food deliveries
- Carry out daily housekeeping duties including cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms and communal guest areas
- Carry out a weekly deep clean of the chalet on guest changeover days
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities to make their holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in Hospitality, cleaning & housekeeping skills are essential
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible & enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November until end April)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Create a 2 minute video which tells us:
-About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
-About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name and the role that you are applying for.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000’s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our
-Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
-For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the nationwide interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager
Resort Childcare Supervisor
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor
Resort Head Chef
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Flexi Host
A flexible role combining elements of hosting and occasionally working as the chef. You must be flexible to work in and around the chalet and resort.