As a night porter you will be a key part of our hotel team, reporting directly to our Hotel Managers. Our night porters play an important role in our hotel, ensuring the security of our hotel at night as well as cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast for the following morning for our hotel guests.
Night Porter Responsibilities
- Ensure the security of the hotel and its guests by monitoring access to the hotel throughout the night
- Complete routine inspections of the hotel throughout the night
- Ensure the hotel entrance lobby, dining room and bar area are cleaned and left tidy
- Ensure back of house areas, including the kitchen area are left clean
- Liaise with the Hotel Manager / Assistant Hotel Manager in cases of emergency
- Excellent communication skills with guests and with the rest of the team
- Carrying out other duties as requested by the Hotel Managers
- Deal with customers in a friendly, confident, responsible manner
- Prepare breakfast buffet and tables in the restaurants and any food prep requested by kitchen team
- Reception of early morning deliveries
Night Porter Requirements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A proactive confident approach to finding solutions to any issues that may arise
- You will work unsupervised for the majority of your time
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Age 21 or over
- Fluent spoken English and intermediate French
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Chalet Hosts only
Please create and submit a video with your CV which tells us:
- About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
- About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
For all other roles
If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your CV and a covering letter, stating which role you wish to apply for and why, to email@example.com
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our assessment days:
- Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
- For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Childcare Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Head Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Chalet Host - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Assistant - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Administrator - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Night Porter - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be a key part of our exciting new Chalet Hotel team, reporting directly to our Hotel Managers. Our night porters play an important role in our chalet hotel, ensuring its security at night as well as cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast for the following morning for our guests.
Bartender - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
As a bartender in our new Chalet Hotel, you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day. Your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment.
Hotel Housekeeper - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our housekeepers take pride in creating a clean, inviting environment for our hotel guests. This role offers you an opportunity to work hard as part of a team and enjoy leisure time in the afternoons & evenings. If you would prefer not to be as client-facing as some of our other roles, this would be the role for you!
Assistant Hotel Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, you will play a key part in developing and monitoring all elements of the delivery of our new Chalet Hotel product, developing our staff and maximising profits whilst controlling all costs. The role of the Assistant Chalet Hotel Manager is very varied. You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the hotel from guest welfare to stock control and maintenance of the hotel, plus managing and motivating your team.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced manager with high levels of service and commitment. Using a proactive approach, you will aim to achieve all financial goals set by the company whilst delivering the best customer service.
Maintenance Technician - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our property maintenance technician keeps our Chalet Hotel, located in Les Bruyères quarter of Les Menuires, running to the highest possible standard. He / she ensures that any issues that have been reported by other staff and directly from guests are sorted quickly and efficiently.