Being part of a flexible team and happy to give anything a go is an essential part of this role. Ski Famille offers guests a high quality of service at all times; from the moment they arrive in resort through to their departure. If you are a person who is a good all- rounder willing to go the extra mile, happy to assist your colleagues in all areas of our operation and ensure families have a holiday to remember, this could be for you.
We are looking for well presented, dedicated individuals who are happy to work efficiently without supervision, have a ‘can do’ attitude and will demonstrate excellent customer service skills. You will also be working with children on a day to day basis, so an energetic, engaging keen team player is needed.
Resort Assistant Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent care free holiday to all traveling guests.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities to make their holiday fun and trouble free
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost. This could include helping in the chalets (both cooking, cleaning, helping with food and wood deliveries) &/or helping the childcare staff organise children’s clubs or ski school
- Be a key player in transfer day operations and organisation. For example accompanying guests to and from the airport maximising sales of ski essentials and delivering and picking them up from their accommodations.
- Developing new and existing revenue streams and sales opportunities.
- Maintaining the exterior of our chalets eg snow and ice clearing and our Hot Tubs
- Assist in the internal maintenance upkeep of all our chalets
- Care and maintenance of all resort vehicles and completion of associated weekly paperwork
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality
- A keen DIY’er or ideally a tradesperson looking for a change of environment
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible & enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (Mid November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Chalet Hosts only
Please create and submit a video with your CV which tells us:
- About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
- About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
For all other roles
If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your CV and a covering letter, stating which role you wish to apply for and why, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our assessment days:
- Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
- For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Childcare Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Head Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Chalet Host - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Assistant - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Administrator - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Night Porter - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be a key part of our exciting new Chalet Hotel team, reporting directly to our Hotel Managers. Our night porters play an important role in our chalet hotel, ensuring its security at night as well as cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast for the following morning for our guests.
Bartender - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
As a bartender in our new Chalet Hotel, you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day. Your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment.
Hotel Housekeeper - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our housekeepers take pride in creating a clean, inviting environment for our hotel guests. This role offers you an opportunity to work hard as part of a team and enjoy leisure time in the afternoons & evenings. If you would prefer not to be as client-facing as some of our other roles, this would be the role for you!
Assistant Hotel Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, you will play a key part in developing and monitoring all elements of the delivery of our new Chalet Hotel product, developing our staff and maximising profits whilst controlling all costs. The role of the Assistant Chalet Hotel Manager is very varied. You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the hotel from guest welfare to stock control and maintenance of the hotel, plus managing and motivating your team.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced manager with high levels of service and commitment. Using a proactive approach, you will aim to achieve all financial goals set by the company whilst delivering the best customer service.
Maintenance Technician - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our property maintenance technician keeps our Chalet Hotel, located in Les Bruyères quarter of Les Menuires, running to the highest possible standard. He / she ensures that any issues that have been reported by other staff and directly from guests are sorted quickly and efficiently.