You will be a key part of our resort management structure, reporting to the Resort Manager, who would have ultimate responsibility for resort operations.
This is an ideal position for someone with previous chalet or villa experience in the seasonal hospitality industry who is now looking to move into a more senior role or someone from outside of the ski industry with management experience, looking to enter this profession.
Along with the Resort Manager, you will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the chalets within your resort and managing and motivating your team. You will also be expected to work closely with the resort childcare team and the Resort Assistants to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
This is a very diverse role and includes everything from staff management and motivation to stock-control, and overseeing chalet maintenance. It is an involved position requiring a high level of energy, commitment and a proactive approach.
Resort Chalet Supervisor Responsibilities
- Take responsibility in providing an excellent carefree holiday to all traveling guests, by providing regular chalet visits
- Working with the Resort Manager motivating, and overseeing the chalet team including pastoral care during their employment
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in everything that you do
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities and revenue streams and sales opportunities to make their holiday fun, trouble free and generating revenue for Ski Famille
- Work with your team colleagues to ensure that all resort operations occur efficiently with minimum cost.
- Maintaining and developing working relationships with all our key suppliers, ie chalet owners and ski schools
- Develop a close working relationship with UK colleagues especially Customer Services and Accounts and respond professionally and promptly to any and all information requests.
- Undertake all company paperwork including regular H & S checks professionally and clearly.
- Working with the Resort Manager, undertake regular staff accommodation checks and manage concerns efficiently
- Undertake weekly chalet checks and monitor, manage and provide feedback to the chalet team concerning chalet standards. Working with your line manager providing training ‘in situe’ if required too.
- In cooperation with the company catering manager, place weekly food, chalet supplies, linen and wine orders, being mindful to careful stock control and management of resources
- Working with the Resort Manager , control all your teams working hours and the legal recording of this.
- Uphold the reputation of Ski Famille
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in high end hospitality delivery with a critical eye for detail
- A keen interest and preferably ability in cooking and catering
- A working knowledge of HACCP procedures would be advantageous
- Driving experience, ideally of vehicles bigger than cars and ‘on the wrong side of the road’
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, approachable, and diplomatic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances & to guests of all ages
- An understanding of the differences between adult & child holiday needs
- Experience of managing a young team in a foreign environment
- A proactive problem solver especially when under pressure
- Knowledge of snow sports is advantageous
- A strong experienced team player
- At least basic French language skills is preferable & would put you ahead of other applicants!
- Availability for the whole season (November until end of April)
- Full Clean Driving Licence (held for at least 2 years)
- Age 21 or over (age restrictions apply due to the insurance on vehicles)
- Most nationalities but please see our applicant eligibility criteria
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- We require all staff to obtain a police-check such as the UK DBS and we will take up at least two references
How to apply
Firstly...tell us about you...
Chalet Hosts only
Please create and submit a video with your CV which tells us:
- About a time you excelled in customer service whether it was in a previous job, or in a life experience situation
- About a time in your life you found challenging and what you did to overcome it. Give as much detail as you are comfortable with
Make sure you include your name.
Upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo (or a platform of your choice) and email us a link along with your CV to email@example.com
Don’t forget, your video is 1 of 1000s that we will view, make sure yours is one that we will remember.
Have fun and good luck!
For all other roles
If you would like to be considered for a position, please send your CV and a covering letter, stating which role you wish to apply for and why, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Secondly...show us what you can do...
If we think you’re the right fit for us, you will be invited to one of our assessment days:
- Chefs, you will join us at a stunning demonstration kitchen in Hampshire (Dublin for Irish residents) where you will be asked to showcase your skills.
- For all other roles, you’ll showcase your skills at one of the interview days that we’re holding throughout the summer – see above for dates.
Our available roles
Resort Childcare Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Childcare Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
A Childcare Supervisor has an involved role at the heart of our childcare management team. They support the Resort Childcare Manager to champion all childcare issues within their resort to ensure our product is being delivered cohesively.
Childcare Staff / Early Years Practitioner(s)
Resort Chalet Supervisor - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Head Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be managing a team of chefs in our resort chalets. We work with high quality suppliers and we expect you to manage, in addition to your team, our orders, stocks, purchases and food quality delivery
Chalet Chef - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Chalet Host - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Assistant - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Resort Administrator - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Night Porter - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
You will be a key part of our exciting new Chalet Hotel team, reporting directly to our Hotel Managers. Our night porters play an important role in our chalet hotel, ensuring its security at night as well as cleaning and setting up the dining room for breakfast for the following morning for our guests.
Bartender - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
As a bartender in our new Chalet Hotel, you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day. Your role is to provide our guests with a high quality service in a family friendly environment.
Hotel Housekeeper - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our housekeepers take pride in creating a clean, inviting environment for our hotel guests. This role offers you an opportunity to work hard as part of a team and enjoy leisure time in the afternoons & evenings. If you would prefer not to be as client-facing as some of our other roles, this would be the role for you!
Assistant Hotel Manager - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, you will play a key part in developing and monitoring all elements of the delivery of our new Chalet Hotel product, developing our staff and maximising profits whilst controlling all costs. The role of the Assistant Chalet Hotel Manager is very varied. You will be fully responsible for everything that occurs within the hotel from guest welfare to stock control and maintenance of the hotel, plus managing and motivating your team.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced manager with high levels of service and commitment. Using a proactive approach, you will aim to achieve all financial goals set by the company whilst delivering the best customer service.
Maintenance Technician - POSITION FULL FOR 23/24
Our property maintenance technician keeps our Chalet Hotel, located in Les Bruyères quarter of Les Menuires, running to the highest possible standard. He / she ensures that any issues that have been reported by other staff and directly from guests are sorted quickly and efficiently.